Legal Andrew tagged me for the meme that is going around the blogosphere. Now it’s my turn to reveal 5 things that you may not know about me.
- I love learning foreign languages. I speak English, Russian, Spanish, and I am successfully forgetting French and Italian. What it means is that I need to visit France and Italy soon.
- I met my dear husband through Latin ballroom dancing. I also met a bunch of great people in dancing classes, many are still my friends. If you want to grow your social circle, I highly recommend Latin ballroom dancing. Dancing was also my distraction form law school, and I credit it for preserving my sanity and a decent physical shape during those three years.
- I taught English as a Second Language courses at the university all the way through law school.
- I remember one of my best friends for as long as I remember myself. We were kids when we met. We ended up studying linguistics at the same university and went on the same foreign exchange program just a year apart from each other. She works in publishing. I guess, I am in self-publishing, if blogging counts.
- For a few years, I worked right next to the Niagara Falls. In the summer time, I would take my lunch, go to the park, find a bench and listen to the water roaring next to me as I munched on my sandwich. In the winter, it was cold, so I went there just a few times, but the view was incredible. The clinging mist turned the banks of the river and falls into glaciers, and with the sun reflecting from the snow and ice, the landscape looked like another planet. Not many tourists get to see this transformation. I think any hurried lawyer would enjoy working next to the Niagara Falls: seeing this abundance of water go by puts everything into perspective. Visit the Falls if you have a chance.
Now, if you have not been tagged yet and you are reading this post, I tag you. Jump in!