I was tagged by Stephanie West Allen of Idealawg to participate in Alex Shalman's "Gotta' Get Goals" project:
In a new blog post, list and write about the top 5 to 10 goals that you gotta’ get so that you can truly say you have achieved your wildest dreams in life. These have to be your best, most exclusive, and over-the-top goals that you can pick off your goals list.
Stephanie’s email created a chain of serendipity as the night before I was reviewing my list of 100 goals that I made after reading The Power of Focus by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Leslie Hewitt. The review, in turn, was prompted by the talk by Dax Moy on the Anatomy of a goal that I recently listened to. He reminded me of the importance of identifying why I wanted to achieve my goals and the price I was willing to pay for it because goals come with a price tag.
I like the idea of letting my goals “age” like Champaign concealed from the world in dark cellars so that when the time is right, they can come to life with a celebratory pop and a splash of energy. That’s why I have taken liberty to cloak my goals in the quotations I like, instead of revealing them outright. Being indicative of my goals, these quotations inspire me and remind me why I do what I do. They are part of my vision board. I had fun selecting them and I hope you enjoy reading them.
- “We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change. And the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn.”
- Peter Drucker
- “There are three ingredients to the good life: learning, earning, and yearning.”
- Christopher Morley
- “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”
- Frederick Buechner
- “Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after.”
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift From the Sea
- "The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love." - Anne Morriss
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”
- Anaïs Nin
- “Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.”
- Ruth Ann Schabacker
- “You have been given 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’"
- William A. Ward
- “If we want to simplify and deepen our lives, we must simplify and deepen our minds. When we become more centered, clear, spacious, caring, and open, there is suddenly much more room in our frenetic lives for both others and ourselves.”
- Lama Surya Das
- The Law of Least Effort..."Today, accept people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur. Take responsibility for your situation and for all those events seen as problems. Relinquish the need to defend your point of view."
- Deepak Chopra, Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
If you want to share your goals with us, consider yourself tagged!